MGT211 Introduction To Business Assignment No.2 Solution Fall Semester 2013
SEMESTER FALL 2012
INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS (MGT211) ASSIGNMENT NO. 02
DUE DATE: 29th JANUARY 2013
Topic: Motivational Theories
Learning objectives: To enable you to understand the application of different motivational theories in practical business situations.
Crisp & Soft – one of the famous food restaurant chains in Karachi had established a reputation for cheap food items at lunch, hi-tea and dinner packages with consistent quality and fast customer service. The manager at Crisp & Soft had the perception that no matter in which city or town the public is in, public will appreciate if they could buy exactly the same variety of dishes at similar prices and same quality standard. To attain this, organization had built a very detailed training program for staff. Moreover, failure to pass the test at the end of the training program or failure to observe the methods and work practices would lead to demotion or dismissal. Each and every activity which is to be performed by the workers has laid down in rules and regulations of the company. A list of some of these is as follows:
• Workers will be trained before handling over the tasks of restaurants.
• If any employee came late by 5 minutes, then his/her salary will be deducted.
• No one is allowed to leave the office without approval of restaurant manager.
• If any employee is not meeting the requirement of greeting all the customers at restaurant with same welcome, he/she will face to an explanation by manager.
The management felt proud on the fact that they had thought everything and workers
did not have to take any initiative on their own, all expected problems had been foreseen
and procedures have been set to deal with all of them.
As far as the compensation package is concerned, workers and lower level staff were paid
at reasonable rate, with free uniform and meals. HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air
conditioning) System is installed by the management. Secondly, managerial level staff is
receiving market based salary and also having membership of social club of the
1: Identify the practices of organization that are indicating the application of
reinforcement theory? Marks: 10
2: You are required to suggest some measures of positive reinforcement that can be
implemented by the management of Crisp & Soft restaurant. Marks: 10
3: Assess which level of Maslow’s hierarchy of need the organization is satisfying for
lower level staff and managerial level staff? Explain Marks: 10
24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome
uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the
emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final
to avoid any inconvenience.
OTHER IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
• Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
• Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format.
• You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for better understanding or visit APA REFERENCE STYLE: Table of Contents
RULES FOR MARKING
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
• It is submitted after the due date.
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
• It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, PDF etc.
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc.
Note related to load shedding: Please be proactive
As you know that Post Mid-Term semester activities have been started and load shedding problem is also prevailing in our country now a days. Keeping in view the fact, you all are advised to post your activities as early as possible without waiting for the due date. For your convenience; activity schedule has already been uploaded on VULMS for the current semester, therefore no excuse will be entertained after due date of assignments, quizzes or GDBs.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)