View more the latest threads:
- HEC Higher Education Commission Announced MBA Degree...
- MGT602 Assignment no.2 Spring 2013 Solution (Due Date...
- STA630 Assignment no.2 Spring 2013 Due Date 25-6-2013
- ACC501 Assignment no.2 Spring 2013 Solution
- MGT601 SME Management Assignment No. 2 Solution Spring...
- CS507 Assignment no.3 Spring 2013 Solution
- MGT501 Human Resource Management Assignment No. 2 Solution...
- MGMT625 Change Management Assignment No.2 Solution Spring...
- MKT501 Marketing Management Assignment No. 2 Solution...
- role and personality theory by Getzelz and Gauba
MGT601 SME Management Assignment No. 2 Fall Semester 2013
SEMESTER FALL 2012
SME MANAGEMENT (MGT601)
DUE DATE: JANUARY 21, 2013
TOPIC: INDUSTRY AND COMPETITOR'S ANALYSIS
LESSONS COVERED: 23-34
OBJECTIVE OF THE ACTIVITY
The prime objective of this study is to teach students preparation of worksheets and conducting industry and competitor's analysis in retail sector.
After attempting this activity, students will comprehend:
1. How they can prepare smart worksheet to assess their business idea
2. What questions must be kept in mind to conduct industry analysis for retail sector?
3. What questions must be kept in mind to design an intelligent competitive strategy for a departmental store?
4. To prepare a good business plan
Departmental stores business in retail sector has emerged as one of the good business opportunities as it provides all the basic products ranging from groceries, food items, garments, cosmetics, electronic and home décor items under one roof. The trend started with the development of Utility Stores by Government of Pakistan. Recently the multinational companies, with large investment, have opened superstores i.e. Metro, Macro, and Cash & Carry in big cities of Pakistan. The trend has trickled down to small investors and now they are also opening small departmental stores in their localities. Today people prefer to visit such self-serving departmental stores from where they can buy items to save time and money.
Assume yourself an entrepreneur who wants to open a departmental store in his/her town/city. As retail sector is a growing sector and small investors are attracting towards departmental stores but the presence of competitors cannot be set aside. Before investing for such venture, the industry analysis and competitive strategy need to be designed to
manage the risk smartly. You are assigned task is to conduct industry analysis and design
competitive strategy worksheet while answering questions given in worksheet no. 01, 02
Visit departmental stores in your town before filling worksheet. It will give you good
idea about market and competition. Select your own city/town to attempt this assignment.
The ZIP file contains the worksheet no.01, 02 and 03. Use the
provided format to answer the questions. Any assignment out of
given format will not be treated. For your convenience, the
worksheet is also available in download section of LMS.
Students are advised to study the whole text carefully.
Try not to include any irrelevant material in the solution.
Try to come up with precise and original answers.
Any act of plagiarism like copy paste from net will result in ZERO marks.
Assignments reaching after the due date would not be considered.
24 hours extra / grace period after the due date is usually available to overcome
uploading difficulties. This extra time should only be used to meet the
emergencies and above mentioned due dates should always be treated as final
to avoid any inconvenience.
OTHER IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
• Make sure to upload the solution file before the due date on VULMS.
• Any submission made via email after the due date will not be accepted.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” or “Arial” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word format.
• You may also compose your assignment in Open Office format.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA reference style” in Google and read various website containing information for better understanding or visit Only the registered members can see the link. Register here
RULES FOR MARKING
Please note that your assignment will not be graded or graded as Zero (0), if:
• It is submitted after the due date.
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt.
• It is in any format other than MS-Word or Open Office; e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, PDF etc.
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc.
Note related to load shedding: Please be proactive
As you know that Post Mid-Term semester activities have been started and load shedding problem is also prevailing in our country now a days. Keeping in view the fact, you all are advised to post your activities as early as possible without waiting for the due date. For your convenience; activity schedule has already been uploaded on VULMS for the current semester, therefore no excuse will be entertained after due date of assignments, quizzes or GDBs.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)