ENG101 English Comprehension Assignment No. 2 April Spring 2012
Assignment No. 2 (Spring 2012)
English Comprehension (ENG101)
Total Marks: 15
Due Date: 03.05.2012
• To enhance and test students’ knowledge of grammatical terms, and their usage.
• To assess students’ knowledge of writing skills.
• To gauge students’ ability to distinguish between facts and opinion.
1. No assignment will be accepted via e-mail after the due date.
2. Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Plagiarism occurs when a student uses work done by someone else without acknowledging the actual author. It also means copying and pasting the material from handouts and internet source without rephrasing it in his/her own words.
3. Students must solve their assignments in Microsoft Word file.
Q 1 Define the following terms and give an example for each. (5)
i. Hasty generalization
ii. False Cause
Q 2 Read the given statements and determine if these are Facts (F) or Opinions (O).
1. Many people order pepperoni on their pizzas.
2. Basketball is more interesting to watch than golf.
3. Flowers bloom in the spring and summer months.
4. Exercising outdoors is more fun than exercising indoors.
5. Daisies are the prettiest of all flowers.
Q 3- Fill in the blanks with the help of appropriate choices. (5)
1- The question of purpose of writer is closely related the matter of ………………
2- ———– is the most important skill you will need for success in your studies.
3- Authors and their works are …………………
4- The writer can indicate his character through the words he put into his character’s …………..
5- As biasness is unavoidable while writing, writers do try to remain as …………..as possible.
- ENG101 English Comprehension Assignment No. 1 Spring 5 April 2012
- ENG101 English Comprehension Assignment 3 Spring June 2011
- English Comprehension ENG101 Assignment No. 3 Fall December 2011
- Assignment No. 1(Spring 2011) English Comprehension (ENG101)
- ENG101 English Comprehension Assignment 2 idea Solution Spring 2011