PTCL router/modem configuration
This configuration is for PTCL (Pakistan Telecommunication Corporation Limited) ZTE-BLUE Router/Modem configuration. Which will help you to configuer your route from factory default to a running modem.
Step 1: Connecting to the Splitter, Power Connection & LAN cable.
1 Line hole connects to PTCL wire or Wall phone Jack (RJ-11 Jack).
2 Modem hole connects to the DSL jack of the ADSL CPE (Customer Premises
3 Phone hole connects to a telephone set.
4 Connect the Power Adapter to the AC power plug and attach the connector of
adapter to the CPE and switch it on.
5 Attach one end of LAN wire (RJ-45) to the LAN interface of CPE and the other
end to the LAN wire to the LAN interface of computer’s LAN card.
6 Link Indicator lights will lit up and show the connectivity. ADSL light will start
blinking and soon will be static as a sign of connectivity with our system, if the
line is properly jumpered in PTCL premises with the DSLAM (Digital
Subscriber Line Access Multiplexer).Joint less and direct cable line from the
nearest PTCL pole or cabinet must be connecting to your splitter and then all
the phone extensions must be taken from the phone hole of splitter. The Drop
wire distance from PTCL pole or Cabinet must not be ideally more than 50
meters.(Twisted pair wire can be longer)
Step 2: ADSL Configuration in CPE and Computer
1. Go to Start Menu < Control Panel < Network and Internet Connections < Network
Connections. Check that the Local Area Connection is enabled. Right click local
Area network and click properties. Following window will be shown.
2. Double click “internet protocol (TCP/IP)”, Check “Use the following IP
address” and make the following settings:
IP Address: 192.168.1.3
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Then, check “Use the following DNS server addresses” and make
the following settings:
Preferred DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
3. Now open Internet Explorer and write “192.168.1.1” in address bar and press
enter. There must not be any proxy setting in the internet Explorer.
A small pop up window will open as shown in the figure below and ask ”User Name”
and “Password” for opening the CPE’s interface.
Enter User Name: “admin” and Password: “admin” and press OK.
4. CPE, configuration page will be open with the title Connect to Internet. Click the
Quick Setup link.
5. Quick Setup window will be opened. Enter the VPI & VCI values and click Next:
6. Configure Internet Connection – Connection Type window will open. Select “PPP over
Ethernet (PPPoE)” and click Next.
7. Configure Internet Connection – WAN IP Settings window is shown. Select “Obtain an
IP address automatically” and check “Enable NAT” and click Next.
8. Configure Internet Connection – PPP User Name and Password window is shown. Enter
the “PPP User Name & PPP Password” as provided by the ISP and click Next.
9. Configure LAN side Settings window is shown. Enable the DHCP Server by checking
“Enable DHCP Server on the LAN” and click Next.
10. Now, a window with the title Quick Setup – Summary is shown, displaying the Settings /
Configurations of Setup. Click Apply to accept and save the settings.
11. Reboot DSL Router is shown with the message “The DSL Router has been configured and
is rebooting”. Wait till the window with the title “Connect to Internet” is displayed.
12. Finally, the DSL router is connected.
13. Go again to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties and Select Obtain an IP address
automatically and press ok.
No related posts.